- This event has passed.
Red Cross Disaster Action Team Boot Camp – Johnston County
October 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on November 9, 2019 at 9:00 am
- Learn the Red Cross role and values for engaging with disaster clients, first responders, and the public
- Understand functions of the Disaster Action Team (DAT), and expectations for DAT workers on a response
- Discover roles a DAT member may perform on a large-scale disaster response
- Learn casework and recovery planning processes and the system used
- Learn how direct client assistance is issued and how referrals are made to community partners
- Complete training through a simulation drill, practicing the skills learned during the classroom sessions
- If desired, be assigned to a Disaster Action Team, and support the Red Cross in Johnston County.
Call 919-774-6857 or email Jennifer.Vangundy@redcross.org to reserve a spot.